Try to always Walk Wet!
Walking wet is to daily remember the promises of Baptism. We hear them in the introduction of Baptism. – ELW p. 227
God, who is rich in mercy and love, gives us a new birth into a living hope through the sacrament of baptism.
1. By water and the Word God delivers us from sin and death and raises us to new life in Jesus Christ.
2. We are united with all the baptized in the one body of Christ,
3. …anointed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, and joined in God’s mission for world.
We are forgiven and reborn to a new life in Jesus Christ.
We are officially welcomed in the church as Baptized Members
We pour out the Holy Spirit upon the baptized; the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge, and the fear of the Lord, the spirit of joy in your presence. Amen.
· Walking wet is to live out the covenant God made with us in baptism, to nurture our Christian faith,
· Worship and take communion.
· Grow in our knowledge of faith by reading the Bible.
· Pray without ceasing, and when we don’t know what to pray, pray the Lord’s Prayer.
· Profess our faith in word through the Creed
· Live out our faith in following the Commandments.
All of this is being a faithful witness showing your trust in God, proclaiming Christ through word and deed, and caring for God’s creation, including all people.
For we are children of God, sealed by the Holy Spirit and marked with the cross of Christ forever. Amen!
So wherever you go, let your light shine before others that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. – Matthew 5:16
Begin each day as Martin Luther did, “When you wash your face, remember your baptism.”
And try to always Walk Wet!
Leave a Reply.