Sunday, January 28, 2024 – 11:15 AM
“Let’s trust the promises that keep us going. God always keeps his word. Let’ see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, worship together, spurring each other on, especially as we see the promises fulfilled as we faithfully follow Jesus.” – Hebrews 10:23-25 MSG paraphrased.
What a year it has been! What a year it will be!!
I cannot help but feel grateful about the past year and excited for the year ahead with all that St. Luke’s was, is, and will be as we faithfully follow Jesus.
As a member of the congregation I ask you to do Five Things:
1. Read the Annual Report. If you have not done so, please take the time prior to the Annual Meeting. Use this LINK or get a hard copy at church.
2. Attend the Annual Meeting. Be a part of the decision-making process. We invite you to come in person or join online (stlukesbloomington.org).
The meeting will begin when we have a quorum.
Agenda includes (Not in this order):
President’s and Pastor’s Reports
Treasurer’s Report which includes:
The 2023 Financial Statement
The 2024 Budget Proposal. (This requires a congregational vote.)
St. Luke’s finances strong, but precarious.
Personnel Committee Update. We are fully staffed. Come welcome Tommy Denesen, Office Support.
St. Luke’s Foundation Meeting
Elections: Ballots will be available at the Annual Meeting and online.
This includes (These require a congregational vote):
3. Opt-In to the New Church Directory. Thank you to all who have submitted a picture and updated their contact information. This is an in-house/online production. You do not have to include a picture. You also do not have to be in the directory. This is an invitation. As the saying goes, “Know that you are known, as you make yourself known.” If you would like to participate simply email firstname.lastname@example.org Include your names, contact information you would like to share, and a photo if you so choose.
4. Complete your 2024 Ministry Handbook. This is an annual opportunity to live out the core values of St. Luke’s. We invite you to consider an opportunity in each area: Service, Worship, Evangelism, Community, Stewardship, and Discipleship. Like the directory, you can use this LINK or pick one up at the church.
5. Pray. This is the greatest resource. Pray for St. Luke’s. Pray for those who accept the responsibility of leadership. Pray for our members. Pray for our community. Pray for all of God’s creation. By attending the meeting you gain valuable insights into the direction of our church and the goals we hope to achieve. By attending the meeting you will strengthen a sense of unity and shared purpose with St. Luke’s.
Last, but not least, annual meetings are more than numbers and budgets; they are a time to celebrate the achievements and milestones of St. Luke’s. It is a chance to reflect on the past year and recognize the ways in which God has been at work within and through our community.
What are you looking forward to or have questions about the Annual Meeting.
Ongoing prayers and blessings,