“When the shepherds saw Jesus, they made known what had been told them about this child; and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds told them.” Luke 2:17-18
Have you made known what you have been told about this child? Were the people who heard it amazed by what you told them?
What have we heard about Jesus so far in the first 154 verses of Luke?
- He is the Son of the Most High
- Ancestor of David
- He will reign over the House of Jacob
- Of his kingdom there will be no end.
- He is Holy
- The Son of God
- Mighty Savior
- The Lord
- He will give knowledge of salvation to his people by the forgivness of their sins.
- He will give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death.
- He will guide our feet into the way of peace.
- The Messiah
- The Lord
- A child laid in the manger
- First born to Joseph and Mary
- God’s salvation
- A Light for revelation to the Gentiles
- Glory for God’s people Israel
- Filled with wisdom and the favor of God upon him
- God’s Son the Beloved, of who God is well pleased.
This is just the beginning, Join us in the weeks and months ahead for there are still almost 1,000 verses to go.
Like his disciples we too are asked by Jesus, “Who do you say that I am?” (Luke 9:20a)
How you answer makes all the difference.
Yours in Christ,
Rob Norris-Weber, Pastor
St. Luke’s Lutheran Church