With warmer days ahead of us, VEAP is pleased to officially kick off our annual springtime March Food and Funds Drive!
This statewide campaign, convened by Minnesota FoodShare, is the largest grassroots food and fund drive in the state, bringing together community organizations, businesses, and faith communities to help stock nearly 300 food shelves.
VEAP is grateful to have experienced an unprecedented level of support in ensuring we have basic food staples in our pantry, but there are many items we cannot easily procure.
Financial contributions allow us to respond the most flexibly to changing needs. Every $30 donated allows us to feed an individual for an entire month (a total of 90 meals!). Please consider supporting VEAP at this critical drive.
Thank you and best wishes for a warm spring!
How can you help? Three ways to help provide donated items, financial donations and volunteering. For financial donation and or volunteering opportunities, please visit their website: https://veap.org/donate/
Presently, the items they need the most include:
- Baking essentials (flour, sugar, cooking oil, etc.)
- Birthday items for our young visitors (cake mixes, frosting, candles, etc.)
- Laundry detergent
- Personal care and household items: shampoo, toothpaste, soap, shaving cream, toiletries, etc.
- Paper products: toilet paper, paper towels, napkins
- Gluten-free products (whole grains like brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, cornmeal; nut flours and butters; rice crackers, GF snacks, etc. Check for gluten-free product label.)
- Whole grain cereal (like Shredded Wheat, Kashi, bran cereals, Chex, etc.)
- Paper bags (We will always take your extra paper grocery bags. We are not accepting plastic bag donations).
Tuesday - Thursday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM or on Sunday during either the 8:30 am or 10:00 am service time. In addition, any Saturday through the month of March, you can have your donations picked up at your home between 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm, by Craig Brandt and Roger Lyson. To arrange for a pick up either email Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 612-799-7561 or call the Church Office at 952-881-5801