The number one statement I hear from members is, “I wish more people would come to St. Luke’s.” One way to make that wish come true is to invite, welcome, and host. We have three opportunities to do just that in the month ahead. I would challenge you to choose one of them to help make each a success.
Neighborhood Watch Meeting – Thursday, October 7, 6:00-7:00 PM.
3 Ways to help:
1. Help invite the our neighbors. Thank you for the four members who committed to deliver fliers. We still have a dozen more blocks to deliver. Please prayerfully consider. Simply contact the office to choose your block(s?). No door knocking required. Rubber bands supplied. (Federal law prohibits putting them in mailboxes.)
2. Help Host the Event. It would be great to offer some refreshments before and after the meeting. A couple members thought of it the last time we hosted a neighborhood watch. It allowed us to get to know those who attended.
3. Attend the Event. Whether or not you live in the neighborhood, you are a neighbor through St. Luke’s. Come and learn more about our neighborhood.
Fall Fellowship – Wednesday, October 20, 5:30-7:00 PM
The Community Life and Faith Formation Team combine forces to host our members and neighbors. We will have a hotdog picnic. Activities for all ages. If you are interested in helping please contact:
Diane LaFontaine (email@example.com) will be coordinating the meal.
Emily Schoeller (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be coordinating the activities.
Trunk or Treat – Sunday, October 24, 4:30-6:00 PM
This is our largest community event. About 350 people attended last year.
3 Ways to help:
1. Please bring candy to church on or before October 24. There will be a box in the Narthex and at the office.
2. Be one of the vehicles. There is a contest for the best decorated vehicle, but honestly the best part is greeting all the children and parents. It would be great to have 20 plus cars. It is helpful if able, to supply your own candy. Please sign up ahead of time by contacting the church email@example.com
3. Be a Host. This is the best way to meet those who attend. Let us know how you would like to help such as s’mores, cider, popcorn. We will provide what members are willing to help host. Again, please contact the church office.
St. Luke’s is a welcoming and growing community of faith, busy making Christ known to the world.